I might start doing this weekly, just a collection of cool links that I found over the past week:
Peak Oil – a doom and gloom prediction that once we reach the height of the oil bell curve, it’s all downhill. National Geographic did an article on this recently. Interesting stuff.
– Life After the Oil Crash
– Another Peak Oil site
– Everything 2 Node on Peak Oil
– Fohguild Message board thread discussing the above - - - - - -
The Record Effect – how music has changed due to the shift from live performance to recorded media. How music affects us. Very interesting stuff:
– The original Article
– Response by David Byrne, some award winning blogger guy.
– Here’s a related tangent on Slate about Chillout Music.
– And even if I don’t know half the artists, I love the writing on Pitchfork – A look at live (electronic) music, kind of a counter-point to the above essays on recording.